Capital Kids relies on fundraising and donations to develop the centre and acquire valuable learning resources for the children.
This year we are raising funds to redevelop our outdoor play area.
Thanks to everyone for this years raffle. We raised $2,108.90 and $249.30 for the quiz night. Thanks also to Gasworks for hosting our quiz night and supporting us.
Buy cute kids' labels and personalised gifts at Stuckonyou and Capital Kids will accumulate commission.
A Brolly Sheet is a waterproof mattress protector that you place on top of the fitted sheet and tuck the flaps in. Brolly Sheets also has a range of:
Waterproof mattress protectors
100% NZ wool cot protectors
Order and pay directly to Brolly Sheets through their website http://www.brollysheets.com/ or phone 0800 276 559. Enter the code CAPITAL twice at check out to get a 5% discount, and earn Capital Kids a 20% commission. This fundraiser is available all year!
Have a look at the interview with Brolly Sheets founder on the Breakfast TV show in January 2012.
Donations & sponsorship
We welcome donations and sponsorship from individuals, businesses and other community organisations. Please contact Capital Kids for more information about how you can assist.
We try to offer a range of fundraisers including products to sell, social occasions, and raffles and rely on parents to help organise and run these. There is a Fundraising Co-ordinator position on the Centre's Management Committee.
In the past 12-18 months we have:
- Had a movie night: The Great Gatsby at the Roxy in Miramar
- Sold Whittakers chocolate
- Ran the car park at Harbourside Market
- Sold Entertainment Books
- Held a cake stall at Newtown Fair
- Pre-christmas evening at Childrens' Bookshop in Kilbirnie
- Had a raffle of donated goods
- Sold spring bulbs
- Held sausage sizzles
- Held a brunch for current and former CKC families
- Sold calendars and cards featuring our children's photos and art work
- If you have any ideas/suggestions about fundraisers for Capital Kids, if you wish to get involved or support us in any way, please contact Capital Kids.
Thank you all for your support with the fundraising at Capital Kids.